laurie_g

Default Replacing Even section breaks with Odd

I have a 20+ sectioned document where each section is set to begin with an
ODD page. However halfway through working on the document the section breaks
(not all) changed from ODD to EVEN.

I have tried going into Page Setup and reapplying the ODD page option. but
that did not change the EVENs. I have tried manually inserting an ODD section
break and then deleting the EVEN, but that resulted in the section BEFORE
that to switch from an ODD to an EVEN.

I then tried inserting and ODD both before and after the EVEN and then
deleting the EVEN but that just resulted in the ODD inserted before it to
become an EVEN. also resulted in either a loss of headers/footers or they
became a "same as previous"...

I don't see that there is a way to do a find replace and I really don't have
the time to go through the whole document and replace and delete each section
break.

Is there a fix for this? Any idea what might have caused it in the first
place?

in section break hell
laurie

The only successful way I know to change section break type is to change the
"Section start" on the Layout tab of Page Setup, but I gather you've already
tried that.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word can be very stubborn about breaks depending on page numbering. If

you
start a section with an even page number, it will insist on an even page
break and vice versa.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.