Paul Moloney

Default Section break changing to section break continuous

I'm trying to insert a section break (odd page) into a doc.
Every time I attempt this, the section break is actually
continuous. Does anyone know what is going on?

Cheers,

P.

Barb Reinhardt

And you are using the following command sequence:

Insert - Break

There are several choices for a break. Maybe you want a "Next Page"
section break instead of a continuous one.

"Paul Moloney" wrote in message
I'm trying to insert a section break (odd page) into a doc.
Every time I attempt this, the section break is actually
continuous. Does anyone know what is going on?

Cheers,

P.

Paul Moloney

And you are using the following command sequence:

Insert - Break

There are several choices for a break. Maybe you want a "Next Page"
section break instead of a continuous one.

Yes, I know. As I mentioned, I was inserting an Odd Page break; ie,
Insert-Break, select the "Odd Page" option, click OK.
When I end up with is a _continuous_ break. It's very weird.

P.

Stefan Blom

The only problem with Odd Page section breaks that I'm aware of is
that with restarted page numbers an Odd Page break might act as a Next
Page break. The reason is that Word uses the page number to determine
whether a filler page is needed, unless you enable at least one of the
following options: "Different odd and even" (on the Layout tab of
FilePage Setup) and "Mirror margins" (on the Margins tab of FilePage
Setup).

--
Stefan Blom

"Paul Moloney" wrote in message
And you are using the following command sequence:

Insert - Break

There are several choices for a break. Maybe you want a "Next

Page"
section break instead of a continuous one.

Yes, I know. As I mentioned, I was inserting an Odd Page break; ie,
Insert-Break, select the "Odd Page" option, click OK.
When I end up with is a _continuous_ break. It's very weird.

P.

Paul Moloney

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...

I can't explain why this is happening, but rather than try to get it right
the first time (deleting breaks can cause unexpected results), sometimes
it's just easier to change the section start type (Layout tab of Page
Setup).

Aha, that did the trick! Thanks,

P.