Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naveen Naveen is offline

Default double line spacing

At one particular location in my document I wish to insert an additional
sentence right below an existing one.

When I press the carriage return the cursor is resting two lines below the
existing one. No matter what I do such as using the backspace button or the
delete button I am unable to place the cursor immediately below the current
sentence.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Naveen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check the paragraph settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Naveen" wrote in message
At one particular location in my document I wish to insert an additional
sentence right below an existing one.

When I press the carriage return the cursor is resting two lines below the
existing one. No matter what I do such as using the backspace button or
the
delete button I am unable to place the cursor immediately below the
current
sentence.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Naveen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Highlight the offending paragraph and click on Format | Paragraph | and make
sure that the space before and after is set to zero.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Naveen" wrote:

At one particular location in my document I wish to insert an additional
sentence right below an existing one.

When I press the carriage return the cursor is resting two lines below the
existing one. No matter what I do such as using the backspace button or the
delete button I am unable to place the cursor immediately below the current
sentence.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Naveen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Highlight the offending paragraph and click on Format | Paragraph and check
to make sure that the space before and after is set to zero.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Naveen" wrote:

At one particular location in my document I wish to insert an additional
sentence right below an existing one.

When I press the carriage return the cursor is resting two lines below the
existing one. No matter what I do such as using the backspace button or the
delete button I am unable to place the cursor immediately below the current
sentence.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Naveen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naveen Naveen is offline

Ladies!

Thanks very much for the timely and helpful responses.

My problem is solved though I shall not dwell into why it happened at one
particular location in the document only.

Naveen