Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JOrzech JOrzech is offline

Default Track Changes After Save Changes Tracking Word 2003

This is an odd problem that one of the attorneys brought to my attention and
I must find a resolution. I am extremely well-versed regarding Word but this
one has me stumped.

Example:
Attorney will open an existing document, turns track changes on, and type
several lines of text (Call is TextA). He can go back and edit those lines
of text without deletions showing up as deletions. However, once he saves
the document, and goes back to edit the lines of text he just inserted
(TextA), any deletions he makes now show up as new deletions (strikethrough
text).

Any suggestions on how to avoid this from occurring (other than not saving!
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
--
Joanne Orzech

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Sk9yemVjaA==?=,

This is an odd problem that one of the attorneys brought to my attention and
I must find a resolution. I am extremely well-versed regarding Word but this
one has me stumped.

Example:
Attorney will open an existing document, turns track changes on, and type
several lines of text (Call is TextA). He can go back and edit those lines
of text without deletions showing up as deletions. However, once he saves
the document, and goes back to edit the lines of text he just inserted
(TextA), any deletions he makes now show up as new deletions (strikethrough
text).

Any suggestions on how to avoid this from occurring (other than not saving!
would be greatly appreciated.

I don't see this on my installation of Word 2003...

If he compares the author name and initials of changes made before and after
saving are they the same? I can only imagine something is happening during the
saving process that's making Word think he's someone else.

Or perhaps the option to remove personal information in Tools/Options/Security
is on and this is having an effect?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JOrzech JOrzech is offline

Thank you so much for responding to my question Cindy Meister -- I was hoping
you would!

I do think you're correct in that it is probably the setting under Tools,
Options, Security that was causing the problem. Although I tapped into his
machine and the option for "Make hidden markup visible when opening or
saving" was unchecked, I think he may have been tinkering around and changed
the settings since I last tested the problem. So I simply told him to keep
me informed if it occurs again.

Once again, my sincere thanks. If anything new occurs, I will post back but
I hope the problem is resolved with your good help.

Joanne

--
Joanne Orzech

Hi ?B?Sk9yemVjaA==?=,