Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
museumgirl museumgirl is offline

Default 2007 Mail merge Directory Bug???

I have considerable experience using Mail Merge, but am attempting to set up
a directory which is simply email address field, so I can have a list of
email addresses all on one page. When I complete the merge, I get a new
document that has four email addresses on the first line, then nothing
visible - at the bottom of the page it says there are 320 words (which is the
number of email addresses I have in my excel document), but they are not on
the page. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
museumgirl museumgirl is offline

I've actually found the solution - for some reason, the emails will not show
up in the "print layout", but if I go to "View" and switch to any other kind
of view, they are all there. Any ideas about why this is happening - rather
frustrating really.

"museumgirl" wrote:

I have considerable experience using Mail Merge, but am attempting to set up
a directory which is simply email address field, so I can have a list of
email addresses all on one page. When I complete the merge, I get a new
document that has four email addresses on the first line, then nothing
visible - at the bottom of the page it says there are 320 words (which is the
number of email addresses I have in my excel document), but they are not on
the page. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi museumgirl,

I'd suggest checking your page layout - paper size and margins - to make sure they're correct.

--
Cheers
macropod

"museumgirl" wrote:

I have considerable experience using Mail Merge, but am attempting to set up
a directory which is simply email address field, so I can have a list of
email addresses all on one page. When I complete the merge, I get a new
document that has four email addresses on the first line, then nothing
visible - at the bottom of the page it says there are 320 words (which is the
number of email addresses I have in my excel document), but they are not on
the page. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The reason that it happens is because the only destination to which you can
execute a Directory type mail merge is to a new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"museumgirl" wrote:

I have considerable experience using Mail Merge, but am attempting to set
up
a directory which is simply email address field, so I can have a list
of
email addresses all on one page. When I complete the merge, I get a new
document that has four email addresses on the first line, then nothing
visible - at the bottom of the page it says there are 320 words (which is
the
number of email addresses I have in my excel document), but they are not
on
the page. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this
problem?

Directory mail merge Simon J[_2_] Mailmerge 18 September 9th 08 10:22 PM
Mail Merge directory Bill Minimum Mailmerge 3 June 23rd 08 10:01 PM
Mail Merge - Directory ccbretz Mailmerge 1 July 15th 06 10:13 PM
Mail Merge - Directory Dee Mailmerge 2 May 24th 06 01:23 AM
mail merge directory problem end of my rope Mailmerge 1 November 3rd 05 05:24 AM