Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vivian H. Vivian H. is offline

Default add extra text in address bar

I want an address on the envelope to read

John Doe or current Resident
123 main st
anywhere, usa 90050

I can use the wizard and create it quite nicely WITHOUT ' or current
resident.'
I added a field to my excel file called 'tenant'
when I went back to use Match Field I chose tenant to go in the field under
last name.
When I preview those that should have 'or current residen' they don't have
anything.
what am I doing wrong?

I am using Word 2007 on a 64 bit machine.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vivian H. Vivian H. is offline

I just figured it out.
I used insert merge field and created the address from scratch.
Are there other easier ways to do it?

"Vivian H." wrote:

I want an address on the envelope to read

John Doe or current Resident
123 main st
anywhere, usa 90050

I can use the wizard and create it quite nicely WITHOUT ' or current
resident.'
I added a field to my excel file called 'tenant'
when I went back to use Match Field I chose tenant to go in the field under
last name.
When I preview those that should have 'or current residen' they don't have
anything.
what am I doing wrong?

I am using Word 2007 on a 64 bit machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No - had you waited until I got up this morning, that is what I would have
recommended. You can save the block of fields you have created as an
autotext entry for ease of re-use.