Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy B Cathy B is offline

Default Mail Merge affects Numbered List sequence in Word 2007

I have a 2 page document setup as a tri fold brochure type with 3 columns on
each page. It is an instruction handout so there are numerous topics with
numbered lists within each, all beginning with 1. When I do a mail merge,
each subsequent merged document has numbered lists that continue from
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Run a macro on the main document that contains the code

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cathy B" Cathy wrote in message
I have a 2 page document setup as a tri fold brochure type with 3 columns
on
each page. It is an instruction handout so there are numerous topics with
numbered lists within each, all beginning with 1. When I do a mail merge,
each subsequent merged document has numbered lists that continue from

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Create a macro
Sub Macro1()
ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText
End Sub

and run it with the main document open and displayed.

Emma78 wrote:
How do you do this?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Run a macro on the main document that contains the code

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cathy B" Cathy wrote in message
I have a 2 page document setup as a tri fold brochure type with 3
columns on
each page. It is an instruction handout so there are numerous
topics with numbered lists within each, all beginning with 1. When
I do a mail merge, each subsequent merged document has numbered
lists that continue from previous instead of restarting at 1. How
can I stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Emma78 Emma78 is offline

I have never created a macro before, Can you run through exactly how to do it
and where to put this code in?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Create a macro
Sub Macro1()
ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText
End Sub

and run it with the main document open and displayed.

Emma78 wrote:
How do you do this?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Run a macro on the main document that contains the code

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cathy B" Cathy wrote in message
I have a 2 page document setup as a tri fold brochure type with 3
columns on
each page. It is an instruction handout so there are numerous
topics with numbered lists within each, all beginning with 1. When
I do a mail merge, each subsequent merged document has numbered
lists that continue from previous instead of restarting at 1. How
can I stop this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Read the linked page!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Create a macro
Sub Macro1()
ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText
End Sub

and run it with the main document open and displayed.

Emma78 wrote:
How do you do this?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Run a macro on the main document that contains the code

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumberstoText

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cathy B" Cathy wrote in message
I have a 2 page document setup as a tri fold brochure type with 3
columns on
each page. It is an instruction handout so there are numerous
topics with numbered lists within each, all beginning with 1.
When I do a mail merge, each subsequent merged document has
numbered lists that continue from previous instead of restarting
at 1. How can I stop this from happening?