Omega Linda

Default mail merge

I was just upgraded to windows XP. When I am in a word doc and perform a
mail merge, I select the existing Excel spreadsheet and merge. What comes
thru is the whole value of my cells...for instance -3108.1355 when in Excel I
have it formatted to be (3,108.14). I need the proper two decimal place
number with the parenthesis to appear on my mail merge.
Graham Mayor

There are two ways to do this - the first is\covered in the Excel data
section of http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm , but
the simpler method is to add a formatting switch to the field
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm which in this instance
would be

\# ",0.00;(,0.00)"