Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CDSTECH CDSTECH is offline

Default Word 2007 printing issues with large mail merge document

I have been using Word 2003 to do large mail merges for years and never
experienced a problem like I am having with 2007.

Large equals about 1800 to 3000 page mail merge documents.

I have recently just completed a mail merge using external data from an
Excel spreadsheet which resulted in a 2665 page mail merge document when
completed.

I tried to print these and only the first 1000 or so pages would print. I
can go and do print and select 1, 20, 50, 100 pages but it will not print.
It pops up the dialog and acts as though it is sending the print job, but it
always says printing 0 pages. If I do a print preview on one page, and then
select print from the print preview the page WILL PRINT.

I have tried to disable background printing in word. This has no effect.
I have tried to disable all advanced features on my printer (HP LJ4350) and
in the print driver.

If I save the document as a PDF and then print from adobe it prints just fine.

SYSTEM SPECS:
DELL OPTIPLEX 740 - Win XP Pro SP2
2 GB RAM
250 GB Hard Drive (220+ GB Free)
AMD ATHLON X2 5800

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated..
Different View points---very appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A mail merge document has only one page but as many sections as records.
When printing groups of 'pages' you should address them by section numbers
eg s10-s30