Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
PDQ Door PDQ Door is offline

Default How do I print a copy of a recipient list for a mail merge?

I am trying to print a copy of my list of recipients for a mail merge. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Make a Directory type merge (Catalog merge in Word 2000 and earlier),
and either
a. insert one field per row, perhaps with a field label, e.g.

myfield: { MERGEFIELD myfield }

or
b. insert a one-row table with as man columns as you have fields, put
one MERGEFIELD field in each cell.

Do the merge - if you want table headers for approach (b), merge to a
new document then add the header.

Alternatively, if the recipients are in Office Address List format
(.mdb), and you have Access and know how to use it to report, then you can
a. create a new database - let's call it X
b. create a table in X that is linked to the table in the address list
c. create a report in X that lists the data in the table.

Do not create a report in the Office Address List .mdb - if yu do it
will probably not behave as an Office Address List any more.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

PDQ Door wrote:
I am trying to print a copy of my list of recipients for a mail merge. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srhamm srhamm is offline

The easiest way is to print the list from your data source (easy if it's
Excel).
Or create your merge document in Word where you put on the first line all
the fields you want to print (you could separate them with tabs). At the end
of the line, insert the Next Record command. Hit Enter. Now copy and
paste all this multiple times until your page is filled with your fields and
Next Record repeated over and over down the page. Give it a try.

"PDQ Door" wrote:

I am trying to print a copy of my list of recipients for a mail merge. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you use a Directory type mail merge main document, there is no need for
the Next Record field or any of the copying and pasting. Just insert
the mergefields into the cells of a one row table in the main document.
When you execute that merge to a new document, that document will contain a
ta ble with a row of data for each record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP