John

Default E-Mail merge with attachments

I am running Word 2002 out of Office XP.

I have worked through the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments"
from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm
and have been able to send e-mails with attachments

However, the body of the e-mail message is blank - the intended merged
document does not go with the e-mail.

First of all: Is it possible to have a merged doucment in the text of the
e-mail AND have attachments?

I find the statement in the article "Then execute the mail merge thaty you
want to send out by email with the attachements and with the result of
execution of that mail merge on the screen, run a macro with the following
code." a bit unclear.

I am not sure at what point to "run the macro", and maybe this is causing
the intended merged document to disappear?

From step 5 of 6, I click "complete the merge" and this takes me to step 6
of 6. ..... at what point should the macro be run?

Thanks - John

Doug Robbins

Hi John,

The mailmerge document that contains the text of the message that you want
to appear in each email must be executed to a New Document and then with
that document active on the screen, you run the macro. I would suggest that
instead of using the mailmerge wizard which I deduce that you are doing by
your reference to steps 5 and 6, you should select Toolbars from the View
menu and then click on the Mailmerge item so that the Mailmerge toolbar is
displayed. On that toolbar you will find buttons along the right hand end
that allow you to execute the mailmerge to each of the available
destinations - printer, new document (the one you need in this case), to
email, etc.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"John" wrote in message ...
I am running Word 2002 out of Office XP.

I have worked through the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments"
from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm
and have been able to send e-mails with attachments

However, the body of the e-mail message is blank - the intended merged
document does not go with the e-mail.

First of all: Is it possible to have a merged doucment in the text of the
e-mail AND have attachments?

I find the statement in the article "Then execute the mail merge thaty you
want to send out by email with the attachements and with the result of
execution of that mail merge on the screen, run a macro with the following
code." a bit unclear.

I am not sure at what point to "run the macro", and maybe this is causing
the intended merged document to disappear?

From step 5 of 6, I click "complete the merge" and this takes me to step 6