Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cocovanilla cocovanilla is offline

Default Superscripts and subscripts goes missing

When I clicked on "Insert" -- "Symbols" I can't seem to find the
superscripts and subscripts. Even if I clicked on "superscripts and
subscripts" under subset (in the pop-up box), the subscripts for numbers
doesn't appear. Instead, there are empty white boxes.

This sudden change happens after I clicked "References" -- "Insert
Footnote." I don't know if these two are link.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi cocovanilla,

Superscripting an subscripting is managed via Format|Fornt, and is applied by selecting the text to be superscripted or subscripted.

--
Cheers
macropod

"cocovanilla" wrote in message ...
When I clicked on "Insert" -- "Symbols" I can't seem to find the
superscripts and subscripts. Even if I clicked on "superscripts and
subscripts" under subset (in the pop-up box), the subscripts for numbers
doesn't appear. Instead, there are empty white boxes.

This sudden change happens after I clicked "References" -- "Insert
Footnote." I don't know if these two are link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I assume we are talking about a Word version before 2007? I cannot recall
superscripts and subscripts being part of the Insert Symbol function. They
are part of the font formatting. You can add the commands easily enough to
the Insert menu if you wish - tools customize. The commands are in the
'format' group. Drag to the menu. You could also activate the commands on
the formatting toolbar by clicking the little arrow at the right end of the
toolbar and select add or remove buttons formatting and check the relevant
entries.

cocovanilla wrote:
When I clicked on "Insert" -- "Symbols" I can't seem to find the
superscripts and subscripts. Even if I clicked on "superscripts and
subscripts" under subset (in the pop-up box), the subscripts for
numbers doesn't appear. Instead, there are empty white boxes.

This sudden change happens after I clicked "References" -- "Insert
Footnote." I don't know if these two are link.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is a "Superscripts and Subscripts" range in Unicode, but very
few fonts have characters in that range. Some that do are the Cambria
family, several of the other "C" fonts of Word2007, and Lucida Sans
Unicode..

On Nov 30, 4:10*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
I assume we are talking about a Word version before 2007? I cannot recall
superscripts and subscripts being part of the Insert Symbol function. They
are part of the font formatting. You can add the commands easily enough to
the Insert menu if you wish - tools customize. The commands are in the
'format' group. Drag to the menu. You could also activate the commands on
the formatting toolbar by clicking the little arrow at the right end of the
toolbar and select add or remove buttons formatting and check the relevant
entries.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com