Lindsay Graham

Default Signature image won't print

I'm using Word 2000, Win98SE and a HP inkjet printer.

I've inserted a .bmp image (a signature in black only, ie, no colour) as a
picture in a Word document, and it worked fine and shows in Print Preview.
However, the signature does not print (although the rest of the document prints
fine). I also tried the image as a .tif file, but exactly the same result.

Any ideas on what's wrong -- is it likely to be Word or the printer?

--
Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

Lindsay Graham

This problem gets more intriguing. From my computer, the signature shows in
Print Preview but will not print, regardless of whether it is inserted as a
..bmp, .tif or .jpg file. It's the same story if I insert the signature into a
blank document.

But the same document prints fine from my wife's computer! The 2 computers are
networked together, and the printer is attached to her computer. We've compared
all the settings we can think of, and can see no reason for the difference. I
presume it's not a Word problem, but I thought I'd report back to let you know
what had happened. Do you think it's likely to a network issue or a printer
issue?

--
Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
snip

"SVC" wrote in message

snip

"Lindsay Graham" wrote:

I'm using Word 2000, Win98SE and a HP inkjet printer.

I've inserted a .bmp image (a signature in black only, ie, no colour) as a

picture in a Word document, and it worked fine and shows in Print Preview.
However, the signature does not print (although the rest of the document

prints fine). I also tried the image as a .tif file, but exactly the same
result.

Any ideas on what's wrong -- is it likely to be Word or the printer?
--
Lindsay Graham

Lindsay Graham

Thanks, Suzanne, but no luck. 'Draft output' was not checked, and the signature
is missing whether I set the printer to Draft or Normal mode.

Anybody got any more ideas?

--
[...]

"SVC" wrote in message

snip