Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default Problem with automatic cross references, due to windows update?

I have a problem with cross references in a large (300pages and 1000 cross
references) document I am currently writting. Following updating windows and
office a few months ago all my cross refereneces broke, I ignored this and
hoped microsoft would release an update to fix the problem. After my next
update of windows and office most of the crosss references fixed them selves,
but some remain with the error "Error! Reference source not found." Is this a
know problem that microsoft are working on? Or is there a way around the
problem that doesn't involve checking and restoring all my cross references?

Cheers

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What happens if you select the whole document (Ctrl+A) and then press F9 to
update?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP