Sue

Default Pasted screen print changing to {EMBED Pbrush}

Using Word 2000, I have created several documents with screen prints pasted
in from Paint. When I re-open the Word document, the screen prints have been
replaced with {EMBED Pbrush}. Print Preview shows the document with the
actual screen prints. What settings do I have to change to insure my screen
prints stay as actual pictures and don't convert to {EMBED Pbrush}?

Thanks
Margaret Aldis

Two things -

By pasting in from Paint, you have embedded editable objects into the Word
document. You really don't want to do this (huge file sizes and potential
for corruption). Instead, save the screen shot to a file and use Insert
Picture From File. To convert the objects that are already there, select
and use Ctrl-Shift-F9 (or Ctrl-6).

You have field codes showing. (Lucky in this case, as it alerted you to the
embedded object problem). To show field values, press Shift-F9.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP