Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default Not happy with Word 2007

Is there a way to change the toolbar from its new form to the way that it was
in previous versions? I prefer the abilitiy to click on the words and make
my selections as opposed to the boxes that they have in the new version.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No! What you see is what you get.

However see http://ribboncustomizer.com/ which does a bit of what you want,
though frankly unless you are planning to edit the ribbon you are better
getting used to it as it comes.

Kim wrote:
Is there a way to change the toolbar from its new form to the way
that it was in previous versions? I prefer the ability to click on
the words and make my selections as opposed to the boxes that they
have in the new version.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

You can install two versions of Word on the same machine, but if you don't
like '07, why bother? Just go back to an earlier version.
--
TedMi

"Kim" wrote:

Can you load the old version over the new version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying. However... one
possibility is to put the tools you need onto the quick access toolbar.
Another is to use one of several "classic interface" tools available for
Word 2007, one of which I believe is free:

http://www.addintools.com/english/menuword/

http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/20/111

For my own use of Word 2007, I've adapted the QAT so that it gives me most
of the functionality I miss from Word 2003. I explain some of how to do that
he

http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...more-familiar/

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Kim" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the toolbar from its new form to the way that it
was
in previous versions? I prefer the abilitiy to click on the words and
make
my selections as opposed to the boxes that they have in the new version.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good article, Herb, but why did you remove the standard buttons and add them
back instead of just moving Font and Font Size above them the same way you
did Style? BTW, I found that if you select an item in the window before
clicking Add to add a new command, the new button will be placed above (or
maybe below--I forget) the selected item, making it easier to place things
where you want them in the first place.

"Kim" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the toolbar from its new form to the way that it
was
in previous versions? I prefer the abilitiy to click on the words and
make
my selections as opposed to the boxes that they have in the new version.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what my logic was... I wrote the
article about a year and a half ago, and I'm sure I had my reasons at the
time... though they elude me now. :-) I'll review the article when I get a
few minutes and see if I can tweak it to make it more "ergonomic".