Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chief775 Chief775 is offline

Default Page Orientation during printing

Hello - If I have a Word doc with both portrait and landscape pages in it,
when I print it the landscape pages print with the footer on the left side of
the page when it is bound in to a book. This presents a problem when I am
send the document to the a copy company (a quick print type company) that is
going to print mulitple copies of the book. I generate a PDF which goes to
the print company, they then crank out the number of books I want. The
landscape pages tend to be forms or other items that the user of the book
completes either in a classroom environment or on their own. But if I have
the books bound, let's say with comb binding, the orientation of the page is
such that the comb binding is at the bottom of the page, which makes it quite
difficult to use.

So the question is - Is there somewhere in I can define the orientation or
the landscape pages? I've looked around but have not been able to find
anything. I am using 2007. Thanks in advance

HH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chief775 Chief775 is offline

No - the PDF format does not allow for changes. It's not the PDF that does
this it's the Word doc, if the doc is printed directly from Word the same
problem occurs. So what I need is a solution in Word to orienting the pages
during the print cycle.

Thanks.

"Chief775" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do I understand that the issue is that you wish to rotate the landscape
pages by 180 degrees, so that they print upside down, or is the issue that
of header/footers covered by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm ?

If the former, then I know of no way to invert the page in Word that would
leave it inverted when converted to PDF - short of the method shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm

If you were printing the document then for individual pages you can set an
option in most printer drivers to print inverted - and Acrobat has an option
to rotate the output left or right, but for mixed pages you would may have
to use a postscript driver to create the printed output and send commands
from Word using the Print field to switch orientation. To this end, you
would be better advised to ask in the Acrobat forum.