Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
slycke slycke is offline

Default Set up form with MSWord's table feature letting users tab through

I'm creating forms in MSWord for people who aren't word processors or even
programmers. They are used to tabbing through forms to get to the next place
to enter text; however, in Word tabbing creates a new table row. Is this a
toggle that I can turn off somewhere? Or what should I do? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See the following page of fellow MVP Dian Chapman's website:

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"slycke" wrote in message
I'm creating forms in MSWord for people who aren't word processors or even
programmers. They are used to tabbing through forms to get to the next
place
to enter text; however, in Word tabbing creates a new table row. Is this a
toggle that I can turn off somewhere? Or what should I do? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
slycke slycke is offline

Default Set up form with MSWord's table feature letting users tab thro

Thanks...but I have been forbidden to use macros or anything automated!
That's quickly becoming the problem. My boss at work says no one the forms
will be going to will know what to do if presented with the "Disable/Enable
Macros" message... Same thing for protecting the form. I'll keep trying!

"slycke" wrote in message
I'm creating forms in MSWord for people who aren't word processors or even
programmers. They are used to tabbing through forms to get to the next
place
to enter text; however, in Word tabbing creates a new table row. Is this a
toggle that I can turn off somewhere? Or what should I do? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You may not need to use macros. You will however need to protect the
document for forms for formfields to work.

There is no other way to prevent a row from being added to a table when the
user presses the tab key in the last cell of the last row of a table. At
least not without out using a macro.

It's about time the boss had a lesson in reality.

--

"slycke" wrote in message
I'm creating forms in MSWord for people who aren't word processors or
even
programmers. They are used to tabbing through forms to get to the next
place
to enter text; however, in Word tabbing creates a new table row. Is
this a
toggle that I can turn off somewhere? Or what should I do? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
slycke slycke is offline

Thanks! I was planning on delving into protecting forms this morning when I
got to work...hopefully it will solve the problem.

"slycke" wrote in message
I'm creating forms in MSWord for people who aren't word processors or
even
programmers. They are used to tabbing through forms to get to the next
place
to enter text; however, in Word tabbing creates a new table row. Is
this a
toggle that I can turn off somewhere? Or what should I do? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
slycke slycke is offline

I protected one form (to use as a test document), but I'm still getting the
macro warning upon attempting to open the form. Also, I went through setting
macro security and adding a trusted developer (Microsoft doesn't seem to be
included in the list, although Visio seems to be) and couldn't add Microsoft
because I'll need a custom program (?) that doesn't seem to be included in
the software at work. I'll keep trying