Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maanu Maanu is offline

Default Numbering in a cell

Hi,

I added numbered items in each cell in a column. Whenever I number a list of
items a cell some spaces are put before the numbered items automatically. I
don't need these spaces for the numbered items in the cells in this
purticular column. How can I do this?

Thanks,
MAnu
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roccogrand roccogrand is offline

Maanu,

If you are running Word 2007, with your numbered list selected, click the
Paragraph formatting caret. Then change the spacing from the default of
"Multiple" to "Single" and the "After 10 points" to "After 0" (zero).

HTH,

David

"Maanu" wrote:

Hi,

I added numbered items in each cell in a column. Whenever I number a list of
items a cell some spaces are put before the numbered items automatically. I
don't need these spaces for the numbered items in the cells in this
purticular column. How can I do this?

Thanks,
MAnu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are saying that you want to get rid of the left indent, click a
number of the list to select it. Right-click and choose Adjust List Indents
from the context menu. In the dialog box, make the desired changes. In
particular, set "Number position" to zero. Assuming that you want a hanging
indent, set "Text indent" to a value that you want, and then select "Add tab
stop at," and specify the same value as for "Text indent."

Note that values in the Adjust List Indents dialog box are measured from the
left margin of the container (meaning the table cell in this case).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP