Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

Default Linking Numbers Within a Document That Automatically Change.

Hi,

In Word 2003, do you know how to make links to specific numbers and make
both numbers correspondingly interactive?. For example:

8.1.9.5 Go to step 18.

I want to link the "18" to the place where 18 is located in my document. In
addition, if a new step was added after step 16, step 18 would aumatically
change to 19. Is there away to make the step 18 in step 8.1.9.5 automatically
change to step 19?

Thank you,

Tom

--
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the paragraphs have been numbered with auto numbers, you can use Insert |
Reference | Cross-reference to "Paragraph number" of "Numbered item."
Otherwise, you'll have to bookmark the number and insert a cross-reference
to the bookmark.