Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

Default Default launch size and location

When I open a Word Document and then resize and relocate so it takes up about
half of the right side of my screen, it will continue to do that in that
session, but how can I set up a default so all Word documents open in this
way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word2007, if I've closed a sized a document, the next document I
open opens to that size. (Same with Reader, so maybe it's a Windows
Vista thing rather than a Word thing.)

On Oct 9, 4:18*pm, Lyn wrote:
When I open a Word Document and then resize and relocate so it takes up about
half of the right side of my screen, it will continue to do that in that
session, but how can I set up a default so all Word documents open in this
way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What I think you are describing is the zoom setting - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
or
You can control the zoom with auto macros in the normal template. The
following will set it to 100% zoom regardless of what the document thinks it
should be. Change the 100 to the preferred zoom level that causes Word to
display in half the screen (which will vary according to Window size).. If
you want normal rather than print layout view swap the apostrophe from the
beginning of the line where indicated to the other.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
With ActiveWindow.View
'**********************
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
With ActiveWindow.View
'**********************
.Type = wdPrintView
'.Type = wdNormalView
'**********************
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
End Sub

if however it is the complete application window size and position that you
want to fix, then Word should open with the last used Window size and
position, but again you can force the issue with a macro e.g.

Sub AutoExec()
Application.Move Left:=450, Top:=9
Application.Resize Width:=493, Height:=677
End Sub

Record a macro while you position the window as you require it then
substitute the numbers in the above macro (or name your recorded macro
AutoExec so that it contains the two lines as above.).

Lyn wrote:
When I open a Word Document and then resize and relocate so it takes
up about half of the right side of my screen, it will continue to do
that in that session, but how can I set up a default so all Word
documents open in this way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

That's what I'm saying -- if I do that in my current session, it will open
other documents in that same size. But if I close Word or shut down my
system, the next time I open a Word document it opens to full screen. I'm
asking how I can change that default so it always opens to just half the size
of the screen.