gz

Default Why I got "Server busy" warning?

Hi, I used to use Word 2000, and recently, I frequently got "Server busy"
warning when open a dialog such as modify format,print or insert symbol. I
tried a lot to eliminate this problem by uninstall and reinstall Office even
clear my computer by reinstall the system, but this still frequently
happening.
When it happening, a message to ask "switch to" or "cancel", but no matter
what to chose, it just takes time and I cannot use the dialog.
For this reason, I uninstalled the Office 2000 and installed Office 2003,
but today this happened again when I tried to insert a symbol.

This just happen in less than one year, before this, I never find Word 2000
has the problem.

Anyone has the same experience? and any solution for sharing?

Thanks!

TF

Do you have a printer driver installed locally on your computer? This sounds
like a network printer problem to me. If you only have a network printer,
try installing the printer locally: it doesn't matter that you don't have a
local printer - only that Word 'think' you have one and can see the local
printer driver.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: This just happen in less than one year, before this, I never find Word
2000
: has the problem.
:
: Anyone has the same experience? and any solution for sharing?
:
: Thanks!
:
:

gz

Thank you for the explanation. I do have local printer installed on this
machine but did not set it as default. I now set it as default and see if it
still has this problem or not. I hope MS change this in the future, only
when needed then check the printer's existing.

"gz" wrote in message
[...]

TF

Unfortunately, Word needs to see the printer driver in order to lay out a
document. If the network printer is queued on a server, then if it is
unavailable, Word won't know what to do.

Terry

"gz" wrote in message
: Thank you for the explanation. I do have local printer installed on this
: machine but did not set it as default. I now set it as default and see if
it
: still has this problem or not. I hope MS change this in the future, only
: when needed then check the printer's existing.
:
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Do you have a printer driver installed locally on your computer? This
: sounds
: like a network printer problem to me. If you only have a network
printer,
: try installing the printer locally: it doesn't matter that you don't
have
: a
: local printer - only that Word 'think' you have one and can see the
local
: printer driver.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "gz" wrote in message
: ...
: : Hi, I used to use Word 2000, and recently, I frequently got "Server
: busy"
: : warning when open a dialog such as modify format,print or insert
symbol.
: I
: : tried a lot to eliminate this problem by uninstall and reinstall
Office
: even
: : clear my computer by reinstall the system, but this still frequently
: : happening.
: : When it happening, a message to ask "switch to" or "cancel", but no
: matter
: : what to chose, it just takes time and I cannot use the dialog.
: : For this reason, I uninstalled the Office 2000 and installed Office
: 2003,
: : but today this happened again when I tried to insert a symbol.
: :