Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tricia Tricia is offline

Default Exclude dictionary Australia

I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do I
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

You have to rename your txt exclusion dictionary as:

MSSP3ENA.EXC (Australia).

"Tricia" wrote in message
I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tricia Tricia is offline

Hi Janine, Thanks for trying - those help files I have already looked at a
million times

The reason they are not compatible is that the exclude files in Word Vista
2007 are saved as:
ExcludeDictionaryEN0c09
ExcludeDictionaryEN1c09
ExcludeDictionaryEN0409 (I think this is the American one)
ExcludeDictionaryEN0809
ExcludeDictionaryFR040c

so who know which is the Australian one!!

"Tricia" wrote in message
I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the names of those files, EN means English (and FR means French), and the
last characters are the "locale ID" as listed in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221435 -- after the "&H" in parentheses. So the
locale ID for Australia is C09 or, equivalently, 0C09 (not to be confused with
1C09, which is South Africa).

Name your exclusion dictionary ExcludeDictionaryEN0c09.lex and it should work.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Tricia" wrote in message
I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tricia Tricia is offline

Thanks very much Jay, this has solved the problem and I can now move on
**Phew**

"Tricia" wrote in message
I cannot for life of me get exclude dictionary to work.

I have put the words on a notepad file, i pressed enter between each word,
the words are in lower case. I have saved the file in a multitude of ways,
but none work. The path I am using is:
C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UPro of and I am saving as a
text only file.

All of the help files relate how to do this for american spelling, and not
for vista or word 2007.

Here is my question - What exactly do I call the file and where exactly do
save it? Pls Don't forget, I am using Australian english.

Exclude dictionary Australia Tricia Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 09 10:25 PM
Exclude dictionary Australia Tricia Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 09 03:14 AM
Exclude dictionary Australia Tricia Microsoft Word Help 0 February 9th 09 03:10 AM
Australia bush cuture newoan New Users 3 March 12th 07 01:08 PM
How do I exclude a particular heading from a style-based TOC? Ayesha Dawson Microsoft Word Help 3 April 24th 06 08:36 AM