bmhumphries bmhumphries is offline
Junior Member

Default What is the Best Way to Accomplish this

Background: I am an excel guy. Word is a mystery to me (as of right now anyway). Here is what I want to do and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this.

I have a Proposal template that contains everything everything that could be offered. What I would like to have is a form that appears when the document first opens that will allow for the user to check sections to be deleted.

I know enough vba that I am sure I can make it work. My questions relates to how to identify the various sections in the document. In my playing around I stumbled on bookmarks and think that may work. (How many bookmarks can you have in a document?)

I am thinking I would then just have code like:

Selection.GoTo what:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="BookmarkName"
Selection.Delete

Is doing such a thing using bookmarks the best way to go?

Otherwise how can you identify specific ranges (don't know if that is an object in Word or not) in a Word document? I have experimented with the macro recorder to see if I could figure that out but I am having trouble following Word objects.

I am more than willing to experiment and wrestle with this thing but would sure like a nudge in the right direction first.

Any nudge would be appreciated!