Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GaryinWA

Default Is Microsoft Word 2003 worth paying $109.99 for?

Hi. My name is Gary, and I have Microsoft Windows XP on a custom built
computer tower. The people that build my computer didn't install a recent
version of Word on the hard drive, so I had to get an older version of Office
95 with Word 95 and put that on my computer. I've been using it ever since,
but wanted to upgrade to a newer or recent version of Word. I was in the
office supply stores and they have Microsoft Word 2003 for $109.99, and an
"upgrade" for $200. Do I need to pay that much just for a program I only use
for typing letters or other documents? I know I've got Wordpad and Notepad,
but I like Word 97 or later better. Please help!!! Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would be rather suspicious of a price of $110 for Word; make sure it's not
an upgrade version. Currently, the most economical way to get Word is to get
Word 2002 as part of Microsoft Works Suite 2006.