Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginji

Default A way to ask for monterary gifts for a wedding instead of china?

nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Send cash guys, or we'll be fedexing your kids' fingers.

"Ginji" wrote in message
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we
prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no socially acceptable way to do this, but I think you will find
that sterling and (good) china are cash equivalents; they can be easily
returned to the store they were purchased from (and often even to another
store that carries them).

"Ginji" wrote in message
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we

prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I've found that a word to your best friend or mother/mother-in-law can help.
When we were asked what we would like, we mentioned Lowe's gift
certificates. We got enough cash and gift certificates to get the item we
really wanted - a retractable screen door for the deck. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There is no socially acceptable way to do this, but I think you will find
that sterling and (good) china are cash equivalents; they can be easily
returned to the store they were purchased from (and often even to another
store that carries them).

so
all may benefit.

"Ginji" wrote in message
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we

prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginji

Default A way to ask for monterary gifts for a wedding instead of chin

Thank you very much...Good idea

"Ginji" wrote in message
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we

prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Since you are asking for an opinion that has nothing to do with the
subject of these newsgroups, I will jump in.

If this this is wedding two, three, four or more then you shouldn't be
trying to bilk your friends and family out of more money, china,
household goods or anything else. Otherwise Jezebel's suggestion might
work or just accept gracefully what you get.

Ginji wrote:
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Well congratulations! Live long, be happy and prosper.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

news

Ginji wrote:
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we
prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In this case, you tell people you don't want gifts because you already have
everything you need. You suggest an appropriate charity to which they can
make donations in your honor. Then you hope that some will send checks to
you instead (or in addition). If not, you've still done the right thing.

news

Ginji wrote:
nEverything will double... I need a acceptable way of stating that we

prefer
cash as gifts instead of household items.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Mine was #2 for me and #1 for him. Plus we'd been living together for almost
5 yrs. Talking to your moms and best friends will allow the other relatives
and friends to learn about your preferences without sounding greedy.

I hope your marriage is as wonderful is mine. We aren't kids so we thought
long and hard about this major life change. Life is not always easy but at
least I know that I have someone to hold my hand as I travel its rutted
road.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]