Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uddhava Uddhava is offline

Default Logging Word Activity

Dear all,

I have Word 2002. In 'Properties', each document carries the 'created' date
and (last) 'modified' date. Is there anyway of viewing this informaiton other
than going to each document indiviudally? For example if I wanted to know
which documents have I modified / created in the last week / month etc = what
have I been working on this week etc.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use Windows Explorer to search your files with the modified file parameter
set for the date(s) you are interested in.

Uddhava wrote:
Dear all,

I have Word 2002. In 'Properties', each document carries the
'created' date and (last) 'modified' date. Is there anyway of viewing
this informaiton other than going to each document indiviudally? For
example if I wanted to know which documents have I modified / created
in the last week / month etc = what have I been working on this week
etc.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uddhava Uddhava is offline

OK what I really need though is like an ongoing log or diary of activity. The
info contained in saved searches is ok but it is better ways of displaying
this info that I need. So yes I can do a search but if I want to change the
parameters (dates) I have to do another search then another one. It is really
storing and displaying this info that I am after. Something like this -

4 Sep 06 - 10 Sep 06:
created documents A, B and C
modifed documents D, E and F

28 Aug 06 - 3 Sep 06
created documents G, B and C
modifed documents H, E and F

etc (maybe scrolling down instead of opening multiple windows)

Also perhaps including some notation or sign (without hovering the mouse
over each document) that document H requires my urgent attention, document C
is low priority etc

What I need is a kind of overview or audit of what I have been doing with my
time as the project develops. Otherwise I may beciome lost in a forest of
documents!

Perhaps MS itself can't do this but there must be some utility out there...

Thanks

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use Windows Explorer to search your files with the modified file parameter
set for the date(s) you are interested in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the past Visual SourceSafe has been suggested as an appropriate document
management system. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/pr...e/default.aspx