Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian R Ian R is offline

Default Word no longer appears in list of HTML editors

Hi

I'd like to make Word the default HTML editor but it no longer appears in
the Internet Properties/Programs/HTML editor list.

The only recent change on my system is installing Adobe CS2 which seems to
have overwritten Word in the list.

Is the HTML editor list limited to 4 programs or can I add more?

Is there a way I can get Word to be my default HTML editor with CS2 is on my
system.

I realise this may not be a newusers question - I'm not - but didnt know
which other group to post this in!

Thanks for your time and any info.

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Ian,

Two things you can try (Note: I'm assuming Word 2002 or 2003):

1. Help/Detect and Repair

2. Tools/Options/General/Web options/Files. Activate both checkboxes in the
section "Default Editor".

I'd like to make Word the default HTML editor but it no longer appears in
the Internet Properties/Programs/HTML editor list.

The only recent change on my system is installing Adobe CS2 which seems to
have overwritten Word in the list.

Is the HTML editor list limited to 4 programs or can I add more?

Is there a way I can get Word to be my default HTML editor with CS2 is on my
system.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Open with... does not include Word Flip Microsoft Word Help 14 March 9th 05 02:35 PM