Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill

Default TOC delete

By trying to update my TOC I ended up with two identical TOCs, one after the
other. How do I delete one and keep the other or must I delete both?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod

Hi Bill,

Unless you've managed to embed one TOC inside the other, it should be as
simple as deleting either of them.

If you've managed to embed one TOC inside the other, the simplest solution
might be to delete them and start over. Alternatively, you could press
Alt-F9 to expose the field code, which will look vaguely like { TOC \o 1-3
{ TOC \o 1-3} } and delete the inner set, including its field braces, then
press Alt-F9, followed by F9 to update the TOC afterwards.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Bill" wrote in message
By trying to update my TOC I ended up with two identical TOCs, one after

the
other. How do I delete one and keep the other or must I delete both?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill

Thanks Macropod (again) for helping me out.
"Bill" wrote:

By trying to update my TOC I ended up with two identical TOCs, one after the
other. How do I delete one and keep the other or must I delete both?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Armando Manăs Armando Manăs is offline

"Bill" escreveu na mensagem