Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
subahu subahu is offline

Default How do I hide printing(invisible) characters in word 2007?

I somehow turned on the printing characters and can't hide them now
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to hide nonprinting marks. If that doesn't help, turn off
the individual options under "Always show these formatting marks on the
screen" in Word Options, Display tab. (Note, however, that nonprinting marks
never print, so you don't have to worry about that.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"subahu" wrote in message
I somehow turned on the printing characters and can't hide them now

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 15, 5:05 am, subahu wrote:
I somehow turned on the printing characters and can't hide them now

If you don't leave at least the paragraph marks (and probably also the
tab marks) visible, you're bound to end up with extra pages and
unwanted blank spaces in your document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelli Stallbaum Kelli Stallbaum is offline

To hide the nonprinting characters click on the show/hide button in the upper
right side of the paragraph grouping on the home tab of the ribbon.

Or go to Word options under the Office button. Click on display on the
right side and make sure that the show all formatting marks check box is not
checked.