Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack Jack is offline

Default concordance

The help system for word 2007 sucks.

I have looked in vain to try and find how to create a file that I can then
use for auto indexiing. I know this capability exists and have even used it
before but now, as is OFTEN the case with word 2007 help I can't find it. The
whole help system needs re-doing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You won't get any argument here. There have been various explanations of why
Word 2007 Help is so lame, but I suspect that simply running out of time has
a lot to do with it. If you've installed updates religiously, you may have
gotten some updates to the Help, and if you allow Word to search for Help
online, you'll get more, but it's still hard to find some of the more
"advanced" topics such as this.

If you know that it's called a "concordance file," that should help in the
search (though not in Word Help, which is clueless on this topic). Search
with Google for "Word concordance file," however, and you'll get a slew of
hits, including the official MS Help topic at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...892831033.aspx.

In general, insofar as features have not changed from Word 2003 to Word
2007, you CAN find help because all the Word 2003 Help topics are available
online. For example, you can find the complete Word 2003 field reference at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...047231033.aspx

http://word.mvps.org

"jack" wrote in message
The help system for word 2007 sucks.

I have looked in vain to try and find how to create a file that I can then
use for auto indexiing. I know this capability exists and have even used
it
before but now, as is OFTEN the case with word 2007 help I can't find it.
The
whole help system needs re-doing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You'll find information here... Including an explanation of why Concordance
indexes are generally best avoided:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/Createindex.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/10/10 2:40 PM, in article
, "jack"
wrote:

The help system for word 2007 sucks.

I have looked in vain to try and find how to create a file that I can then
use for auto indexiing. I know this capability exists and have even used it
before but now, as is OFTEN the case with word 2007 help I can't find it. The
whole help system needs re-doing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:

The help system for word 2007 sucks.

I have looked in vain to try and find how to create a file that I can then
use for auto indexiing. I know this capability exists and have even used it
before but now, as is OFTEN the case with word 2007 help I can't find it. The
whole help system needs re-doing.

Indexes and concordance Lexisch Microsoft Word Help 2 January 16th 10 03:47 AM
Concordance vs. Index Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 08 12:58 PM
concordance file preeto New Users 8 October 10th 07 04:03 AM
Index and concordance Barb Microsoft Word Help 0 November 1st 05 09:28 PM
concordance Bill Microsoft Word Help 1 May 24th 05 02:20 PM