rmachin

Default How can I disable active content in Word-generated html?

When I save .doc files as html, the resultant pages cause security popups in
IE because there is active content in the page. Instead of editing the html
outside of Word I'm looking for a way to tell Word to not include active
content in the html. Is this possible?

Thanks --Richard.
Hugh

I have the same issue. I am trying to pull a Visio-created flowchart into
FrontPage without all the active content stuff. Hopefully, someone will
respond with a solution...
--
Hugh

"rmachin" wrote:

When I save .doc files as html, the resultant pages cause security popups in
IE because there is active content in the page. Instead of editing the html
outside of Word I'm looking for a way to tell Word to not include active
content in the html. Is this possible?

Thanks --Richard.

lostinspace

"rmachin" wrote:

When I save .doc files as html, the resultant pages cause security popups
in
IE because there is active content in the page. Instead of editing the
html
outside of Word I'm looking for a way to tell Word to not include active
content in the html. Is this possible?

Thanks --Richard.

I'm going to attempt to address multiple issues.
1) Visio, there are some previous discussions in the archives:
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...=2005&safe=off

For FP issues, with Visio or anything thing else, the FP forum would be
better.

2) I'm confused by the term "active content?"
Whether that reference is to ActiveX or some type of other scripting
(Java or otherwise,) or just implies
http links to other web pages, I'm not sure.

The intent of MS in providing a means of creating html with Word was soley
as a transport medium to assure the return of formatted data created within
Word and transfered to html, back to a Word Doc.

Otherwise, Word is a useless tool for creating html. Attempting to
persevere will either leave you with something you do not desire or more
work than is actually neccessary.

Hugh

Lostinspace, thanks for the feedback. I'll check out the newsgroups.
Regarding active content, it simply refers to vbscript, javascript, etc. that
will cause IE (with XP SP2) to caution against blocked content.
--
Hugh

lostinspace

"rmachin" wrote:

[...]

There are security settings in Internet Explorer which control many
options for various scripts, whether VBA, or ActiveX or Java or anything
else. (I personally do not use any AV software and use these options to
control IE and worms/virus options (it's been successful and I've been doing
so for more than six years]).

AFAIK, there is not a way to disable such options when creating html from
within Word, while still retaining a functioning page.

A more useful solution would be to create a web page which does not require
such functions. There are many other alternatives, although they may not be
implemented from Word created pages.

Hugh

Agreed. Thanks again.
--