Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sherrier sherrier is offline

Default Control V not working

I transcribe medical dictation from a digital voice player using Word. My
Ctrl V function that had been working, now suddenly is not working. Others
like ctrl P are still working, just this one is not. Any sugestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

sherrier wrote:
I transcribe medical dictation from a digital voice player using
Word. My Ctrl V function that had been working, now suddenly is not
working. Others like ctrl P are still working, just this one is not.
Any sugestions?

Re-assign it just like any other shortcut. Instructions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sherrier sherrier is offline

Tried to reassign, but only option was "PasteFormat" with ctrl+shift+v.
Simple "paste" command not there.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

sherrier wrote:
I transcribe medical dictation from a digital voice player using
Word. My Ctrl V function that had been working, now suddenly is not
working. Others like ctrl P are still working, just this one is not.
Any sugestions?

Re-assign it just like any other shortcut. Instructions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

On Jul 30, 11:04*am, sherrier
wrote:
Tried to reassign, but only option was "PasteFormat" with ctrl+shift+v. *
Simple "paste" command not there.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
sherrier wrote:

The command is EditPaste.

Cheryl

I transcribe medical dictation from a digital voice player using
Word. *My Ctrl V function that had been working, now suddenly is not
working. *Others like ctrl P are still working, just this one is not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sherrier sherrier is offline

Ok, ctrl v is now working, but not pasting correct information from digital
voice player?????

"Cheryl Flanders" wrote:

On Jul 30, 11:04 am, sherrier
wrote:
Tried to reassign, but only option was "PasteFormat" with ctrl+shift+v.
Simple "paste" command not there.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
sherrier wrote:

The command is EditPaste.

Cheryl

I transcribe medical dictation from a digital voice player using
Word. My Ctrl V function that had been working, now suddenly is not
working. Others like ctrl P are still working, just this one is not.
Any sugestions?

Re-assign it just like any other shortcut. Instructions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LH LH is offline

We ran into the same thing at our office. It was the software used for
digital transcribing (GearPlayer) that overwrote the Word keyboard shortcuts.
Try re-assigning or eliminating the keyboard shortcuts in the transcription
software instead of Word. Good luck.

"sherrier" wrote:

Ok, ctrl v is now working, but not pasting correct information from digital
voice player?????

"Cheryl Flanders" wrote:

On Jul 30, 11:04 am, sherrier
wrote:
Tried to reassign, but only option was "PasteFormat" with ctrl+shift+v.
Simple "paste" command not there.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
sherrier wrote:

The command is EditPaste.