Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
STLCRAZY8 STLCRAZY8 is offline

Default Printing a Large (size not pages) Word Document

I created a word document that contains some drawings, text boxes etc. The
actual document according to scale/rulers along the sides is 19x19. When I
try and print this on a large printer that can print it al on one piece of
paaper , I only get about 1/4 of the document (probbaly the 8.5x11). If I do
a Print Preview or convert the document to .JPG or some other file, I stil
only get the small portion of the document. I have played with almost all
settings but no luck. Thanks in advance for your help !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BigWylie1 BigWylie1 is offline

2 Options to check.

1) Page setup settings in Word.
File / Page Setup/ Paper/ CUSTOM ( Should set this to the size of the
document to be printed. )

2) PRINTER PAPER settings may be defaulted to only Stnadard size papers?
Try FILE / Print/
Select the printer from your drop down menu if it is not the default.
THen select Properties/ preferences button to the left of it and verify that
the printer settings for this file are Custom paper sizes.
Good Luck
BigWylie1
Please don't forget to rate this response....

"STLCRAZY8" wrote:

I created a word document that contains some drawings, text boxes etc. The
actual document according to scale/rulers along the sides is 19x19. When I
try and print this on a large printer that can print it al on one piece of
paaper , I only get about 1/4 of the document (probbaly the 8.5x11). If I do
a Print Preview or convert the document to .JPG or some other file, I stil
only get the small portion of the document. I have played with almost all
settings but no luck. Thanks in advance for your help !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nip nip is offline

On Oct 28, 9:49*am, STLCRAZY8
wrote:
I created a word document that contains some drawings, text boxes etc. *The
actual document according to scale/rulers along the sides is 19x19. *When I
try and print this on a large printer that can print it al on one piece of
paaper , I only get about 1/4 of the document (probbaly the 8.5x11). *If I do
a Print Preview or convert the document to .JPG or some other file, I stil
only get the small portion of the document. *I have played with almost all
settings but no luck. *Thanks in advance for your help !

What printer are you using? It is all fair and well to tell Word to
create a document but when the document leaves word to another machine
it takes on a whole new perspective.
Make sure the page setup size is the same in both the wordprocessing
program and the printer and it should work for you