Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brahma7231

Default Why do section breaks not insert where i place them?

I am attempting to create a small column section in a larger document. The
column section is only part of a single page. I have attempted to create a
section break between the paragraphs where i want to insert the new columns
but each time I insert this break it inserts at the top of the page. I have
so far been unable to create a break where I want it. Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If you're inserting the section breaks manually, make sure you're
selecting "Continuous" in the dialog before you click OK.

An easier method is to first type all the text, including both the
multi-column part and the single-column parts before and after it, as
a single column. Then select just the text that should be multiple
columns; go to Format Columns, and choose the number of columns. The
Apply To box at the bottom of the dialog should already say "Selected
text". When you click OK, Word automatically inserts continuous
section breaks before and after the selection and then applies the
column format between them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 7 May 2006 15:38:04 -0700, brahma7231
wrote:

I am attempting to create a small column section in a larger document. The
column section is only part of a single page. I have attempted to create a
section break between the paragraphs where i want to insert the new columns
but each time I insert this break it inserts at the top of the page. I have
so far been unable to create a break where I want it. Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Position the cursor where you want the break. Go to Insert Break and
choose 'Continuous'.