Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reliza

Default Word opens minimized and can't be restored or maximized

Has anyone heard of this problem? When Word opens, it's minimized and can't
be either maximized or restored. It just sits there on the task bar, sulking.
I believe the client is using Office 97 and Windows 98. The machine is fairly
old (about three years).

I've tried the usual trick of ALT-TAB, but that doesn't work in this case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

One cause is that the Word window is off-screen. This can happen if the user
reduced the screen resolution with the Word window positioned at the far
right of screen.

If you right-click Word in the task bar, what options are enabled? -- Try
them all.

"Reliza" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of this problem? When Word opens, it's minimized and
can't
be either maximized or restored. It just sits there on the task bar,
sulking.
I believe the client is using Office 97 and Windows 98. The machine is
fairly
old (about three years).

I've tried the usual trick of ALT-TAB, but that doesn't work in this case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reliza

Thanks very much. I'll have her give it a try. I really appreciate your
taking time for this on the weekend.