Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David E. Smith

Default Does anyone have a template for a "Living Will"?

I am looking for a template for a Living Will or Advance Directive for Health
Care. It needs to be a "universal" template that is not State specific, but
in general terms expresses the desire of someone concerning how long to be on
life support, who determines whether life support is administered or not
administered, etc. I have seen them from attorneys, but not a template that
a layman can fill out and sign.
Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Did you try searching the web for one? And, as you've noted, they can vary
from state to state. Nothing guarantees your wishes will be honored.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"David E. Smith" David E. wrote in message
I am looking for a template for a Living Will or Advance Directive for
Health
Care. It needs to be a "universal" template that is not State specific,
but
in general terms expresses the desire of someone concerning how long to be
on
life support, who determines whether life support is administered or not
administered, etc. I have seen them from attorneys, but not a template
that
a layman can fill out and sign.
Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

Jezebel,

I don't believe that David E. Smith was talking about Uncle Will. My advice
to him would be to see an attorney. Theirs are nothing but templates and
they make a good living by filling in some specific nomenclature.
However, my mother-in-law has both which were prepared by a reputable
attorney. Believe me, every hospital, nursing home or Alzheimer's facility
will shoot holes in an amatuer developed document. They won't accept and you
will be back to square one!
"Jezebel" wrote in message
No, we only have dead wills here.

"David E. Smith" David E. wrote in
message ...
I am looking for a template for a Living Will or Advance Directive for
Health
Care. It needs to be a "universal" template that is not State specific,
but
in general terms expresses the desire of someone concerning how long to
be on
life support, who determines whether life support is administered or not
administered, etc. I have seen them from attorneys, but not a template
that
a layman can fill out and sign.
Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You can look at the results at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/re...ry=living+will,
or a similar search on Google. But I think your request for a
"universal" template is ill-advised, because a document that's legally
binding in some states may be practically worthless in other states.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Template for Fax FGOMEZ New Users 2 April 21st 06 03:58 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
MS Word should support inheritence with regard to templates Ian Microsoft Word Help 3 October 6th 05 05:21 PM
CPU Usage When Working with Templates you created KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 21st 05 11:57 PM