Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hogland

Default converting a .svx file to a .doc file?

I have created a document in Microsoft Word and the program gave it the
following file extension: .svx Now I am trying to open the same document in
a different computer but still using Word but the program does not recognize
the file extension. What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=SVX or
http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/svx

By default Word uses a .doc extension. You need to go back to that first
computer and see if you do anything with that file to change it back to a
..doc file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"hogland" wrote in message
I have created a document in Microsoft Word and the program gave it the
following file extension: .svx Now I am trying to open the same document
in
a different computer but still using Word but the program does not
recognize
the file extension. What can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Open Office Writer creates SVX files. It's not a built in capability in MS Word. http://openoffice.org

============
"hogland" wrote in message ...
I have created a document in Microsoft Word and the program gave it the
following file extension: .svx Now I am trying to open the same document in
a different computer but still using Word but the program does not recognize
the file extension. What can I do?
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Word doesn't use the extension to recognize its own document formats. It
will recognize them whatever the format. I don't recognize this particular
extension (you can look it up) but it is not one that has anything to do
with Word, unless you have some export filter in use that I am unaware of.
That being the case, you would need the import version of the same filter on
the other PC.