consolegoddess consolegoddess is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I create a cookbook index from hard copies

We have been accumulating recipe copies from different sources for a few years and have them separated into sections in a binder. It has gotten to the point that we need an index. I tried creating a document in Word and Excel using the title and assign a page number but columns and sorting became a problem.

Page numbers would be written on each recipe. I thought the easiest way to number would be starting with 1 for each section. Something like 1-1. I would like to sort by category then alphabetically in the category. I would also like to be able to sort all alphabetically. The cookbook is constantly under construction as we add and subtract. I add new recipes to the end of the category.

Any thoughts on how to do this?