Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Going crazy Going crazy is offline

Default Linking

Hi I'm a new user... I have a table of contents and I would like to link the
items in the table to the items in the body. How do I do this. I'm using word
2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Going crazy wrote:
Hi I'm a new user... I have a table of contents and I would like to
link the items in the table to the items in the body. How do I do
this. I'm using word 2003

If you use Word's built-in TOC generator (Insert Reference Index and
Tables Table of Contents), they're linked automatically. Read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html.

If you've already done it the hard way and created the TOC manually, you can
replace each entry with a hyperlink (Insert Hyperlink or the shortcut
Ctrl+K); in the Hyperlink dialog, click the Place In This Document button on
the left and choose the heading to point to. Overall, though, it would be
less work to throw away the existing table and use the automatic one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Linking Melissa New Users 3 March 6th 08 03:04 PM
linking Curt Mailmerge 5 January 10th 07 06:09 PM
Linking Fig #s from Doc A to Doc B MacGyverS2000 Microsoft Word Help 6 November 9th 05 08:19 PM
Linking Words Amanda-CWIBenefits Microsoft Word Help 1 October 25th 05 03:43 PM
Linking to a bookmark Betina Andersen Microsoft Word Help 0 October 24th 05 09:45 AM