Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
10Katharine 10Katharine is offline

Default Table cells are "covered over" by a dark blue opaque block - why?

In Microsoft Word 2007, when I've downloaded from the Internet and saved as a
Word document an application form which has tables
OR
when I create a table in a new or existing document, as well as the
light-coloured shading created by the mouse (which still shows the text
underneath this light-coloured shading) I also get a dark blue opaque block
over some/all of the table. This prevents me from making additions or
corrections!!

I CANNOT SHIFT THIS . I've an URGENT job application awaiting my attention,
so any advice/suggestions, etc, would be helpful and much appreciated.

I'm a new(ish) user of Windows Vista Word 2007. I think problem may have
started when I installed the purchased Home + Student version - beginning of
August 2008 but has really shown itself as a major problem now.

I'm not confident enough to locate and diagnose what's wrong, but have had a
look at Styles, Themes, Mouse info, etc, etc without success.

Sorry to "blether" on .............
10Katharine
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This is a known problem that is evidently caused by having certain buttons
on your QAT; among them are "Different first page" and "Different odd and
even." Removing these buttons (or any others that may cause the problem)
should clear the problem.