Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris

Default Auto Numbering/Renumbering

I have a word document with Tracking Changes turned on. There is a rather
long list of numbered paragraphs. Mid-way through the document one of the
numbered paragraphs decided to reject it's number. When I position the
cursor to the left of the section heading where I would like the number the
toolbar icon for bullets and numbering is disabled. If I hit Enter to move
the heading to the next line the toolbar icons are enabled. When I
reposition the cursor and try again the number "1." appears above the line
where the section heading exists. This should actually be section 14. When
I invoke the bullets and numbering dialogue to select continue numbering it
changes the number from 1 to 7 (not 14) and indents it further in.

....any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Auto numbering of any kind (including footnote/endnote numbers) will never
be correct in a document with markup. When you accept the changes, the
numbering should straighten itself out.

news