mburns2

Default How do I print a document showing change bars in the margin but n.

I am printing a new version of a procedure for my office. It is standard
practice to show the vertical change bars in the margin so people know where
revisions have been made to the procedure. However I do not want to show the
deleted text and other mark-ups. How do you do this in Word 2000? It was easy
to do in Word 98 - you could set "deleted text" to (none) in the "track
changes" options so it was invisible. Word 2000 seems to have taken this
option away - or is it just somewhere else? I can format the inserted text
and vertical change bars but not deleted text. I just got Word 2000 yesterday
so I'm not very familiar with it yet. Any ideas?
Doug Robbins

If it's not available through the user interface (I think it is) run a macro
containing the following code:

Options.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP