Antonyp32

Default How do I make Arial rather than Times Roman the font?

At the moment, when I start to type in a new document, the font is
automatically Times Roman, when I would much prefer to use the Font Arial.
How do I change it? It's no use altering the default setting, for example.
Anne Troy

What do you mean, "it's no use"?
Open Word to a blank document. Hit Ctrl+A. Go to Format--Font and change to
Arial. Hit the DEFAULT button, and hit OK.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Antonyp32" wrote in message
At the moment, when I start to type in a new document, the font is
automatically Times Roman, when I would much prefer to use the Font Arial.
How do I change it? It's no use altering the default setting, for example.

Mary

Open a new blank document, go to Format, Font, choose Arial & size etc, click
the Default button, say yes to all the warnings, including the one to change
Normal. dot.

"Antonyp32" wrote:

At the moment, when I start to type in a new document, the font is
automatically Times Roman, when I would much prefer to use the Font Arial.
How do I change it? It's no use altering the default setting, for example.

Do you have Acrobat 7 installed? If so, see the last part of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Antonyp32" wrote:

At the moment, when I start to type in a new document, the font is
automatically Times Roman, when I would much prefer to use the Font
Arial.
How do I change it? It's no use altering the default setting, for
example.

I was afraid of that. I couldn't see them so I thought they didn't post.
There has evidently been some problem with one of the servers. Other users
are reporting getting "Message is not available" messages (I saw that on
some day before yesterday).