Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

Default apply modified style for multiple documents

I have a folder containing almost 200 Word documents (Word 2003). They all
contain hyperlinks with the usual format, that is, underlined. I need to
reformat the hyperlinks in those 200 documents in a way that they don't
display the underline. I know it can be done by editing the Hyperlink style.
But how can I apply the modified style to the 200 documents? The Organizer
can help me copy style to only one document at a time! Thanks a lot.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

This should get your started:
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm

"BAH" wrote in message
I have a folder containing almost 200 Word documents (Word 2003). They all
contain hyperlinks with the usual format, that is, underlined. I need to
reformat the hyperlinks in those 200 documents in a way that they don't
display the underline. I know it can be done by editing the Hyperlink
style.
But how can I apply the modified style to the 200 documents? The Organizer
can help me copy style to only one document at a time! Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

It made a good start for me; it helped me in other issues. But I couldn't
figure out how to make it replace styles. Thanks anyway.

"BAH" wrote in message
I have a folder containing almost 200 Word documents (Word 2003). They all
contain hyperlinks with the usual format, that is, underlined. I need to
reformat the hyperlinks in those 200 documents in a way that they don't
display the underline. I know it can be done by editing the Hyperlink
style.
But how can I apply the modified style to the 200 documents? The Organizer
can help me copy style to only one document at a time! Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The relevant code to replace the text in the Hyperlink Style with the base
colour and no underline would be

With Selection
.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
With .Find
.ClearFormatting
.Replacement.ClearFormatting
'**********************
.Text = ""
.Style = "Hyperlink"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Replacement.Font.Color = wdColorAutomatic
.Replacement.Font.Underline = wdUnderlineNone
'**********************
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.Execute replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With
End With

"BAH" wrote in message
I have a folder containing almost 200 Word documents (Word 2003).
They all contain hyperlinks with the usual format, that is,
underlined. I need to reformat the hyperlinks in those 200
documents in a way that they don't display the underline. I know it
can be done by editing the Hyperlink style.
But how can I apply the modified style to the 200 documents? The
Organizer can help me copy style to only one document at a time!
Thanks a lot.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

Thanks. It worked when I put the code in a macro that runs it for a list of
documents in a folder. Thanks again.