Jenn1220

Default disk went bad, how can I get the info off of it?

I was using word last night and saved on a disk. Now I can't bring up the
info from the disk. I get an error message that the disk has not been
formatting or has been formatted for macintosh. Then the next message I get
says that it does not recongize disk media. I have used this disk before
with no problems.
Mary

You should never save the only copy on a floppy. Save to your hard drive,
then copy to floppy. You're out of luck unless you saved another version or a
copy on your hard drive.

"Jenn1220" wrote:

I was using word last night and saved on a disk. Now I can't bring up the
info from the disk. I get an error message that the disk has not been
formatting or has been formatted for macintosh. Then the next message I get
says that it does not recongize disk media. I have used this disk before
with no problems.

Graham Mayor

You probably can't get the information off it. File recovery tools such as
OnTrack's Easy recovery Pro may help, but essentially the disc is corrupt.
This is a frequent experience of those who open and save Word documents
directly to floppy. Always open and save via the hard drive and copy to
floppy.