Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steven Wabik[_2_] Steven Wabik[_2_] is offline

Default versions feature in word 2007

i am new to word 2007 and i am procrastinating on it because this one
feature that i really like in word 2003. i use the versions feature in word
2003 a lot. i had office 2007 on my older laptop untill it died a few weeks
ago. it was 7 years old anyways. any ways after it died i transfered office
20007 professional to my main computer. i was running the 2003 and 2007
editions of word side by side but it gave me so many issues. so i removed
word 2007 and kept the 2003 edition for that one feature because i never
found it in the 2007 edition. anyways....is the versions feature in word
2007 or not? if there is can someone please tell me how to get to it. and if
they replaced the versions feature with something else can someone tell me
what it is and how to get to it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Steven,
As far as I know the version function has been removed from Office 2007.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
i am new to word 2007 and i am procrastinating on it because this one
feature that i really like in word 2003. i use the versions feature in
word 2003 a lot. i had office 2007 on my older laptop untill it died a few
weeks ago. it was 7 years old anyways. any ways after it died i transfered
office 20007 professional to my main computer. i was running the 2003 and
2007 editions of word side by side but it gave me so many issues. so i
removed word 2007 and kept the 2003 edition for that one feature because i
never found it in the 2007 edition. anyways....is the versions feature in
word 2007 or not? if there is can someone please tell me how to get to it.
and if they replaced the versions feature with something else can someone
tell me what it is and how to get to it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And the reason for its removal was its tendency to corrupt documents (not to
mention create unmanageably large files). But see
http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm for a workaround.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steven Wabik[_2_] Steven Wabik[_2_] is offline

well, i used the version feature on at least 120 word files and none of them
got curropted. and i had some of those files for more then 3 or 4 years.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And the reason for its removal was its tendency to corrupt documents (not
mention create unmanageably large files). But see
http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm for a workaround.

so
all may benefit.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You may have been lucky.

"Steven Wabik" wrote in message
well, i used the version feature on at least 120 word files and none of

them
got curropted. and i had some of those files for more then 3 or 4 years.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And the reason for its removal was its tendency to corrupt documents

(not
mention create unmanageably large files). But see
http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm for a workaround.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steven Wabik[_2_] Steven Wabik[_2_] is offline

i am. how does the curruption accure? i think i might mess around with the
feature and try to fix the issue in it.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I have never used versions, so I couldn't tell you, and in any case, I don't
think anyone really knows how corruption ever occurs; if the cause were
known, it could be corrected.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steven Wabik[_2_] Steven Wabik[_2_] is offline

i think i may look into that. it may take a while to fix it though. can
someone tell me how the feature works in a lot of detail. if i do manage to
fix it, i might turn it into an add-on for word 2007.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

As an FYI, versioning was replaced with the Versions feature on SharePoint:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...085851033.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you think you can fix it then there may be a perfect candidate ifor you n
the word.docmanagement (General Questions) newsgroup. See the thread with
the Subject: Document's old versions are missing!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Steven Wabik" wrote in message
i am. how does the curruption accure? i think i might mess around with the
feature and try to fix the issue in it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steven Wabik[_2_] Steven Wabik[_2_] is offline

i think i might acually give it a try. i hacked into xp sp1 and made my own
updates and add-ins for it, so y can't i do this? if you want you can help
me in one way or another. usually when i do stuff like this at least one
person helps me in some way.