Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lsnepean

Default HOW DO I GET THE HEADER AND FOOTER TO STOP REPEATING ON SUBSEQUEN.

my letterhead page has a header and footer. for some unknown reason it is
continuing to load both on subsequent pages instead of only on the first
page. how do i stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"lsnepean" wrote:

my letterhead page has a header and footer. for some unknown reason it is
continuing to load both on subsequent pages instead of only on the first
page. how do i stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"lsnepean" wrote in message
my letterhead page has a header and footer. for some unknown reason it is
continuing to load both on subsequent pages instead of only on the first
page. how do i stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The whole idea of a header and footer is to repeat on every page. For a
letterhead, which you don't want to repeat, use the First Page Header
instead. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for
instructions.

"lsnepean" wrote in message
my letterhead page has a header and footer. for some unknown reason it is
continuing to load both on subsequent pages instead of only on the first
page. how do i stop this?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HOW DO I GET THE HEADER AND FOOTER TO STOP REPEATING ON SUBSEQUEN.

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with your header and footer repeating on subsequent pages. Don't worry, this is a common issue and can be easily fixed. Here's how:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Double-click on the header or footer area of the first page where you want the header or footer to appear.
  3. In the Header & Footer Tools Design tab that appears, click on the "Different First Page" checkbox.
  4. This will remove the header and footer from all subsequent pages.
  5. If you want to have a different header or footer on subsequent pages, you can create a new header or footer by double-clicking on the header or footer area of the second page and selecting "Different Odd & Even Pages" from the Header & Footer Tools Design tab.
  6. You can then customize the header or footer for odd and even pages as desired.

That's it! Your header and footer should now only appear on the first page of your document. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.