Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CelticZee CelticZee is offline

Default Doc displays differently depending on what version of word you us

I have a document that was created using a custom .dot file in word 2000.
When I open the document on another machine that has word XP the last line of
page 2 moves to page 3. I need to know what is causing this to happen. I
have not got the .dot file that it was originally created with and I have
also noticed that it has 0 paragraph spacing. If anyone could please advise
me on what the problem could be, it would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gandalf Gandalf is offline

CelticZee:

What is probably the cause of this is that the other machine you are
viewing the document has a different printer selected. Many inkjet
printers will format a page different than another inkjet. This also
happens with laser printers though it is less likely. If you will hook
up the same printer you have on the other machine and make sure you
have selected the same printer, the problem should go away.

CelticZee wrote:
I have a document that was created using a custom .dot file in word 2000.
When I open the document on another machine that has word XP the last line of
page 2 moves to page 3. I need to know what is causing this to happen. I
have not got the .dot file that it was originally created with and I have
also noticed that it has 0 paragraph spacing. If anyone could please advise
me on what the problem could be, it would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CelticZee CelticZee is offline

Default Doc displays differently depending on what version of word you

Thank you so much, that is exactly what I thought and now two people have
confirmed this if feel that this response is concrete for me. Thank you once
again, I am just so sorry i did not use the forum earlier.

Zita