Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeffumd jeffumd is offline

Default spacebar acts as tab

Hello all, this is my first time here. We are using Word 2002.
My boss was typing and he got to a point in the document, and pressed the
spacebar, and it tabbed him to the next position. Has anyone else
experienced this? How do you fix it?
Thank you.
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Quite possibly he has the paragraph alignment set to "Justified" or
"Centered".

Take a look in FormatParagraphIndents & Line Spacing. If the Alignment:
box says Justified or Centered, change it to Left... unless he actually
wants the paragraph aligned that way. In that case he should just keep
typing. The text will behave accordingly if he does.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones